Peach Patterns "Maple Cardigan for Women" PDF Sewing Pattern: Pattern Options & Tester Round-up
I'm excited to announce that the Maple Cardigan for Women PDF Sewing Pattern is now available in the Peach Patterns online store. The Maple Cardigan is a hip length cardigan with a slightly dropped shoulder seam and long sleeves. The cardigan is designed with enough ease for comfort and with a flattering, body skimming silhouette. There are two options which you can see below:
You'll love this easy-to-make wardrobe staple for so many reasons:
- It's quick to sew and is a great introduction to sewing with knits;
- There are two great options (a pretty Drape Front Cardigan and a classic Band Front Cardigan);
- You need only 1.5 metres/yards of fabric for all options/sizes;
- It looks great in a lighter weight knit for summer/warmer weather (try jersey mixes with linen, rayon, bamboo or modal);
- It's excellent made up in warmer knits for winter layering (try double brushed poly, stretch velvet, ponte, sweater knits, french terry);
- Can be made as a casual piece to team with jeans, as a work cardigan over a blouse and pencil skirt or as a special occasion cardigan (try stretch lace or velvet);
- The "Layers" feature means you can print either the multi-size pattern or only your own size;
- The pattern is carefully designed to minimise the number of pages required for assembly (and there is also a large A0 format for those who prefer to print on a single page at a copyshop).
My testers were so enthusiastic about this pattern and many of them made two or more cardigans during the testing phase (they are addictive once you start!). I'm so thankful to them for their hard work and constructive feedback and you can see their fabulous cardigans here (and check out their social media links for more sewing inspiration).
Left: Cassie @cmfedewa | Middle: Boon Kuan @limbksews | Right: Karen @poshbotscreations
Left: Lauren @threadh2o | Middle: Beck @becksews | Right: Katie @kak513
Left: Bianca | Middle: Kiaraleigh @chooknduck | Right: Karyn @libbyandmae
Left: Katie @kak513 | Middle: Siska @_siskamakes_ | Right: Kris
Left: Kris | Middle: Celine @cookiekhoo | Right: Katie @kak513
Left: Siska @_siskamakes_ | Middle: Katie @kak513 | Right: Lois @windsorwoollies
A big thank you to these wonderful ladies! And the pattern link again: Peach Patterns Maple Cardigan for Women.