UPDATED JUNE 2019 WITH 2 LONGER (THIGH LENGTH OPTIONS)!
The Maple Cardigan for Women PDF is a two-in-one sewing pattern with both a Drape (Waterfall) Front Cardigan and a Banded Front Cardigan. The pattern allows you to make simple & chic cardigans to match any outfit. Either as casual wear with jeans; to match a work outfit or as an extra layer over a special dress, these cardigans will become your wardrobe staples.
For this pattern a variety of knit (stretch) fabrics which have a minimum of 25% crosswise stretch can be used.
The Maple Cardigan has both hip and thigh lengths with long sleeves and a slight dropped shoulder seam. There are two design options for the bodice front:
- DRAPE FRONT CARDIGAN - the front folds and drapes in an elegant waterfall style.
- BANDED FRONT CARDIGAN - a classic cardigan with a band that is attached around the centre front and neckline. (You could also add buttons to the band if desired.) Note: this tutorial on the blog shows you an easy way to get a really professional finish on the band.
The cardigan back and sleeve pieces are the same for both options, making it easy to sew multiple cardigans in different designs.
The sewing pattern comes in multi-size format from Sizes US 2 (Aust/UK 6) (Eur 34) through to US 16 (Aust/UK 20) (Eur 48).
The professionally designed PDF digital sewing pattern includes an easy to follow tutorial with detailed diagrams and full sized colour coded pattern pieces with the seam allowances included. Both imperial (inches) and metric (centimetres) measurements are specified. There are body measurements and finished measurements to help you choose the correct size and line drawings (design sketches) to guide you through the sewing instructions.
PDF Pattern Features:
- Layered format (so you can choose to print just your own size);
- Measuring guide to make sure you have printed the pattern at the correct size;
- Carefully designed to minimise the size and amount of taping required to assemble the pattern; and
- Suitable for A4, US Letter and A0 (Copy Shop) print sizes.
SIZE & YARDAGE CHARTS:
SEW AND SELL LICENCE INCLUDED:
You are authorised to sell finished cardigans made from this pattern in your online shop or at craft markets! There is no need to purchase an additional sewers licence - it comes to you included in the price. The pattern itself, however, is the copyright property of Peach Patterns. As such, the tutorial, diagrams, drawings and pattern pieces must not be copied in any way or re-sold/ re-distributed to third parties.
There is a drop-down currency converter on this website that allows you to check the price in your preferred currency. At checkout prices convert to AUD (Australian Dollars). This does not change the price - it is the same price shown in a different currency! It will come out out of your account in the amount stated in your preferred currency.
Thank you to my lovely testers for supplying the images which are shown here of their Maple Cardigans!